It is important to take into account that the weather conditions vary place-to-place, determinate by elevation and time of year. When packing consider: Light, practical clothing, especially short-sleeve shirts and fast-drying cotton pants.
There is not like rigid “dressing code” to follow. Casual wearing is the most recommendable everywhere. It is suggest to take a waterproof garment as in some areas of the country it is rainy year round.
Among the main suggested items in your suitcase, we recommend including:
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Casual clothes for trips to the city.
- Cotton or light synthetic fabric shirts, short or long
- Cotton or light synthetic fabric pants (jeans are not recommended as they do not dry quickly).
- Shorts for hiking.
- Shoes: Lightweight hiking shoes or boots, sandals, tennis or running shoes.
- Socks: take an extra pair in case your feet get wet.
- Hat with visor for the rain and sun.
- Camera (plus extra film or memory cards).
- An extra prescription for eyeglasses and medications (if applicable).
- Sweater or Jacket.
- Swimming suit.
- Any medical prescription you might be taking at the time of your trip.